Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
Location: Midsomer Norton, nr. Bath
Posted: November 8th, 2015
Closing Date: December 31st, 2015
You must have:
- Good knowledge of PHP5 and OO Programming
- Good understanding of relational databases (MySQL in particular)
- Demonstrable experience with at least one of the following Frameworks: Laravel, Zend, Fuel PHP, Cake PHP
- Good understanding of WordPress, including plugin development and custom theming - knowledge of other CMS systems (e.g. MODx) would be a plus
- Experience using the Git version control system - knowledge of Gitflow and/or Hubflow tools desirable
- Native Mobile Development - iPhone/Android/Windows 8 app development
- Experience consuming and working with popular API's such as Facebook Open Graph & Twitter
- Some knowledge of jQuery would be a plus.
What we expect to see in a successful candidate:
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on their own or within a team
- Strong problem solving skills and a love of technical challenges
- Good attitude, desire to create special experiences and work with the best in the industry
- Able to complete our Developer assessment test
We are looking for a PHP Developer with a minimum of 2 years experience to join our growing team. Your role will primarily be focused on developing technical solutions for new and existing websites using WordPress, WooCommerce and Shopify plus other open source platforms. You will also have the opportunity to develop custom solutions for our clients using powerful PHP frameworks like Laravel.
We’re looking for people to actively contribute and improve our processes and development at Burfield. Working at Burfield will provide exposure to some of the world’s coolest athletes and brands as we are lucky to have some fantastic clients to work with – you really will find more variety than a box of Quality Street!
We have two great PHP Developers in house already, but we now need a third to join the team due to more clients wanting to work with us.
Everyday is different at Burfield and you will find your knowledge and skills tested at all levels. You will need to offer ideas and find solutions to our clients and for our exciting in-house projects.
If you are looking for the next step, something fresh, cool with your skills and knowledge constantly being tested then come and join the Burfield team, because if you’re reading this and getting excited, you’re the person for us.
Our philosophy is simple, you will need to put the Client first, Burfield second and yourself third, if this is you, get in touch.
As a PHP Developer you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work so a strong ability in being able to analyse system requirements is beneficial.
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Technical Director.
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends and informing the team as appropriate.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
We offer the following:
- Wait for it….you’re own Mug with your caricature on!
- Competitive salary which we are happy to discuss and negotiate for the right person.
- Awesome new offices at Farrington Park
- Burfield Friday – We just work on Burfield internal projects trying new things and pushing our skills.
- Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley? We try to catch up on our TV shows through lunch when we are not at the gym.
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
- Courses and workshops to further your skills.
- No traffic – Being outside of Bath you can claim at least 90 mins of your life back daily from not queuing in traffic.
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with the following:
- Letter of Introduction – something about you and why you’ll be a good fit for the role and our agency
- Current CV – we’re interested in the type and breadth of your experience
- Github profile – you should have examples of your own work and also any open source projects you contribute to
- (Where possible) Examples of previous commercial projects you’ve worked on/completed
If selected, we’ll invite you to come to meet the team at our offices in Farrington Gurney near Bristol – we’re a friendly bunch!
Position available immediately.
******STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AT ALL*******