Salary: To be discussed £25k-33k
Location: Farrington Gurney between Bath and Bristol
Posted: November 8th, 2015
Closing Date: December 31st, 2015
- A proven track record of producing Responsive, Progressively Enhanced, "Mobile-first" websites
- Familiarity with Optimisation techniques
- Experience of CSS pre-processors (bonus points for SASS!)
- Comfortable with Object Orientated CSS and constructing modular pattern architecture
- Knowledge of static site generators like Jekyll
- Obsessive about code structure and organisation - have you met BEM?
- A good eye for visual design - we won't ask you to do any creative design
- Strong UX chops - you should be comfortable defining and implementing strong User Experiences.
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with Git and Github
- Ability to craft Pattern Libraries and website Style Guides
- Experience creating in-browser Prototypes
- Familiar with API integrations such as mapping software (Mapbox, Google Maps, Leaflet.js)
- Familiarity with SASS tools like Foundation, bourbon, inuit.css
We have a position available at Burfield for a Senior or Mid Weight Front End Developer. We are looking for someone who doesn’t just see this as a 9-5 position, we want you to love web design, we’re a passionate company and we expect you to share the same passion. Everyone in the business works hard to develop the business as a whole and everyone profit’s from its success. If this isn’t you, then trust us you won’t fit into the team as everyone works for each other.
We’re a group of likeminded people and would like someone who is not scared to raise an opinion or to push forward and bring new ideas to the team.
Its great if you have been to University but we are more favourable to people who can display awesome coding skills and wow us with their knowledge. You will be in an environment with other passionate people at the top of their game, no matter how much you think you know, you’ll be learning everyday at Burfield due to our loyal client base and multitude of different sectors we work in.
We have new office for you to work from with on site restaurant, bar, free fruit, tea and coffee and also 12 month gym membership.
Our philosophy is simple, you will need to put the Client first, Burfield second and yourself third, if this is you, get in touch.
As a Front End Developer you’ll also be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work so a strong ability in being able to analyse system requirements is beneficial.
- Contributing to discussions (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with our Technical Director.
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends and informing the team as appropriate.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
We offer the following:
- Wait for it….you’re own Mug with your caricature on!
- Competitive salary which we are happy to discuss and willing to negotiate for the right person.
- Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley? We try to catch up on our TV shows through lunch when we are not at the gym.
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
- Courses and workshops to further your skills.
- New office based between Bristol and Bath at Farrington Park
- Free Gym Membership worth £40 per month
- No traffic – Being outside of Bath you can claim at least 90 mins of your life back daily from not queuing in traffic.
MD – James Burfield:
‘I would love someone to join the company with as much ambition as myself, a forward thinker with a great set of skills who can offer the company the expertise to guide our clients through good practice, accessibility and work with our creative director to make his designs come to life.’
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with the following:
- Letter of Introduction – something about you and why you’ll be a good fit for the role and our agency
- Current CV – we’re interested in the type and breadth of your experience
- Github profile – you should have examples of your own work and also any open source projects you contribute to
- (Where possible) Examples of previous commercial projects you’ve worked on/completed
If selected, we’ll invite you to come to meet the team at our offices in Farrington Gurney – we’re a friendly bunch!
Position available immediately.
******STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AT ALL*******